Friday, May 11, 2007

Notebooks of a Chile Verde Smuggler. 1-29

"I worry about comedians who call me to back up their old Communisms"
page 26

This quote comes in the section in which he begins every sentence with I worry about. This is an example of the odd language in the book. It fits with the theme because he is saying he is worried about many things. I also picked this quote because Paul and I did a project on Communism earlier in the year.

"I see you looking at yourself put letters on paper' you said. All my illusions of being a poet shrank."

This quote comes as the author is discussing his relationship with an apparent musician living upstairs. This is section is only a two paragraph of the goings on in an appartment building. The musician upstairs tells the author his works are only letters on paper. The author feels lessened by this and no longer fancies himself as a poet.

No comments: